I decided to make and try my own homemade Almond Milk rather than buying it, this time round as hard it is knowing that you are trying to be healthy yet something that is contained in something that should be good for you really is not.
I am not saying that Almond milk sold in the supermarkets are bad for you but just saying that these days is hard to know exactly what’s been put into something that you are purchasing from the supermarket and not knowing really if its good or bad for you in the long run.
So this is my Almond milk recipe.
Packet of Natural Almonds
3 tablespoons of sugar or a handful of pitted dates to sweeten.
- Soak the almonds over night 8 hrs.
- Rinse and drain the water and let air dry for 1 hr.
- Add the almonds and 4 cups of water into a blender and blend for 2 minutes on high.
- Add the handful of dates and blend
- Using a sieve pour into a jug and place the pulp aside as you will need it for the cookies.
- Once the milk is sieved through, enjoy!
I made the cookies with the left over sieved almond as I don’t like wasting anything and it tastes yum.
So this is the recipe for my Almond Cookies.
2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups of flour
sprinkle of cinnamon
- Place the sugar and butter into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add the flour, cinnamon and the almond mix and blend.
- Once all smooth consistency remove into a bowl
- Line up a tray with baking paper and place the mixture into cookie form onto the baking paper. once you have finished the mixture forming into cookies on the tray, place the tray into the oven and bake.
Keep a close eye as it bakes quickly and smells amazing, Enjoy!